When you have bought the perfect outdoor furniture for your patio, you want them to last as long as possible. Using outdoor covers to protect patio furniture from the glaring sunlight and harsh weather conditions can extend the life of the furniture. This means less money spent on buying new furniture and more money saved. At the same time, outdoor covers can get damaged easily if they are not handled properly. Read on to find out some tips on how to care for your outdoor covers.
How to Keep Outdoor Covers in Place
When purchasing outdoor covers, it is important to choose those that fit your furniture well. However, while the outdoor covers could be a perfect fit, it is still possible that they will fly off or brush against the furniture in strong winds. This could leave your furniture exposed to scratches and other damage. The solution to this would be to use cover fasteners to secure outdoor covers tightly around the furniture. Many people choose to use heavy rocks or weights to keep outdoor covers from being blown off. However, these objects could easily damage outdoor covers because they are not designed to be used with outdoor covers.
Creative Covers carry a variety of cover fasteners to choose from:
- Velcro straps
- Nickel plated and stainless steel grommets
- Turn buttons
- Shock cord drawstring
- Elastic band
Putting On and Removing Large Outdoor Covers
Large outdoor covers require the teamwork of several people to put on and remove properly. Follow these steps to put on large outdoor covers:
- Have two to four people to take a side of the outdoor cover, depending on how big the cover is.
- Hold the outdoor cover over the furniture you are covering.
- Stretch out and roll down the sides of the outdoor cover over the furniture.
- Secure cover fasteners to keep the outdoor cover in place.
When it comes to removing large outdoor covers, follow these steps:
- Have at least one other person to release the cover fasteners together.
- Carefully roll the outdoor cover up from the furniture.
- Clean the outdoor cover if it is dirty.
- Fold the outdoor cover neatly and store it in a cover storage bag so it does not get damaged.
Tips for Cleaning Outdoor Covers
Cleaning your outdoor covers will keep your patio hygienic. Always hand wash outdoor covers with water and mild soap. Make sure that the outdoor covers are completely dry before securing them on furniture or storing them.
Get Custom Outdoor Covers for Your Furniture at Creative Covers
At Creative Covers, we create high quality custom outdoor covers that will fit your furniture perfectly with the measurements you provide. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.